Home   |   About Bucks   |   Site Map     Twitter Facebook

Appealing to the Superior Court of Pennsylvania

from a Common Pleas Court decision

You have 30 days from the date of sentence to file a notice of appeal to Superior Court in the Clerk of Courts Office

  • 1 original and a copy must be filed with the Clerk of Courts with either a fee, $59.00 to Clerk of Courts and $90.25 to Superior Court, or a petition for In Forma Pauperis
  • Once Superior Court receives the notice of appeal they will assign their own case number to the case
  • An opinion is filed by the common pleas judge regarding the matter appealed in the Clerk of Courts office. It is entered into the computerized case history and forwarded along with the entire original court record to Superior Court
  • A decision will then be made in the Superior Court proceedings and the lower court will then be notified

For appeal forms and status of Superior Court proceedings, please visit their website at: 


Office of The Clerk of Courts
Brian Munroe, Clerk of Courts
Michael J. Paston, 1st Deputy
Christina M. Finello, Solicitor
Bucks County Justice Center
100 North Main Street
Doylestown, Pennsylvania 18901 
Phone: 215 348-6389
Fax: 267-885-1371