Home   |   About Bucks   |   Site Map     Twitter Facebook
Legal Services

How to Resolve a Problem on Your Own

Do you have a consumer problem? The Bucks County Department of Consumer Protection/Weights and Measures can help you resolve it. Before filing a complaint, either online or written, feel free to call our office first. We can provide suggestions and guidelines for you to start on your own.

The most important step in bringing about resolution is to start a documentation trail, usually by sending a letter to the business and keeping a copy for your own records. A sample letter is included here for your convenience. When composing this letter, you must remember to keep your emotions out of it; simply state the facts as you know them.

If the problem is still unresolved after you have done all you can on your own, you should contact this office via phone, fax or e-mail for information, advice, literature or assistance. Please remember to include copies of all pertinent documentation, such as receipts, cancelled checks, account statements, contracts or leases; we find it is difficult to begin building a case without back-up information.

If you choose to file online, please fax all additional information to support your complaint.

Department of Consumer Protection / Weights and Measures 
Michael D. Bannon, 
New Address:

Bucks County Administration Building
55 E. Court Street, 2nd Floor
Doylestown, PA 18901
Phone: 215-348-6060 or 1-800-942-2669
Fax: 267-885-1420