Bucks County to Host February 13 Workshop: "Finding & Hiring Employees"
Are you a manager or business owner who is ready to hire and expand your company? Let us help you by providing the resources you need to successfully find and bring talent to your organization.
On Wednesday, February 13, 2013, the County of Bucks Business Development Department, in conjunction with the Bucks County Commissioners and the Upper Bucks Chamber of Commerce, begins their Small Business Workshop series with "Finding & Hiring Employees." The seminar will be held at the Upper Bucks Chamber of Commerce, 21 North Main Street, Quakertown, PA 18951. The program starts promptly at 8:00 a.m. and concludes at 10:30 a.m.
The program is designed for business owners and non-profit agencies that are either new to staffing or want to ensure their organization is in compliance and using best practices to find and hire employees. Professionals who provide financial, legal, and consulting services to businesses are also encouraged to attend.
Topics to be detailed by our panel will include:
- CareerLink services and programs for the talent search;
- Employment law issues to consider during the interviewing and hiring process;
- Payroll and tax compliance;
- Personnel policies and the employee handbook; and
- Employee training programs.
Scheduled members of the panel are:
- Elizabeth Walsh, Executive Director, Bucks County Workforce Investment Board
- Jacob M. Sitman, Esq., Fitzpatrick Lentz & Bubba
- Craig W. Gillahan II, CPA, Hutchinson, Gillahan & Freeh
- Larry Wenger, President, Workforce Performance Group
- Dan Loeper, Business Development Director, Bucks County Community College
- Linda A. Lefevre, Continuing Education Interim Assistant Director, Delaware Valley College
Pre-registration is requested due to limited seating; the program is free. To register for the workshop, please contact the County of Bucks Business Development Administrator, Sonia Smith, at 215-345-3839 or at email@example.com.
The County of Bucks Business Development Department helps entrepreneurs and companies navigate the public and private sector resources available to the business community. The department's free services include helping business owners and entrepreneurs by developing workshops, navigating clients to resources, and connecting them with networking opportunities. For more information about the county's Business Development programs and offerings, please visit the official County of Bucks website, www.buckscounty.org.