February 28, 2013
Bucks County to Host March 13 Workshop: "Starting & Expanding Your Latino-Owned Business"
On Wednesday, March 13, 2013, the County of Bucks Business Development Department, in conjunction with the Bucks County Commissioners, Upper Bucks Chamber of Commerce, Latino Leadership Alliance of Bucks County, and Pennridge Chamber of Commerce, continues their Small Business Workshop series with "Starting & Expanding Your Latino-Owned Business." The seminar will be held at the Upper Bucks Chamber of Commerce, 21 North Main Street, Quakertown, PA 18951. The evening program starts promptly at 6:00 p.m. and concludes at 8:00 p.m.
The County of Bucks is proud to broaden the impact of business development programs among Hispanic and Latino entrepreneurs. This presentation is designed for persons who want to start a business, and business owners, entrepreneurs, and professionals who want to learn more about the resources available in Bucks County to help grow their business. Professionals who provide financial, legal, and consulting services to Hispanic and Latino businesses are also encouraged to attend.
Topics to be detailed by our panel will include:
- Legal considerations, Licensing, and Permits;
- Financial Reports and Recordkeeping with Quickbooks;
- Marketing Tactics;
- Applying for Financing; and
- Resources available through the County of Bucks and the Lehigh University Small Business Development Center.
Scheduled members of the panel are:
- Felix Gonzalez, Esq., Law Office of Felix P. Gonzalez
- Anne Sabin, Owner, The Practical Accountant
- Tara King, Executive Director, Upper Bucks Chamber of Commerce
- Naomi Naylor, Main Street Manager, Quakertown Alive
- Miralys Sanchez, Quakertown Branch Manager, Univest Bank
- Kristine Koehler, VP/Relationship Manager, Univest Bank
- David Dunn, Program Director, Lehigh University Small Business Development Center
- Sonia Smith, Economic & Business Development Administrator, County of Bucks
Pre-registration is requested due to limited seating; the program is free. To register for the workshop, please contact the Latino Leadership Alliance of Bucks County, Bridges Program Director, Juanita B. Diamond, at 215-788-4452 or at Juanita@llabc.org. Online registration is available at www.ubcc.org.
The Latino Leadership Alliance of Bucks County is a bilingual and bicultural resource providing information, education, family services, and advocacy to the Bucks County community.
The County of Bucks Business Development Department helps entrepreneurs and companies navigate the public and private sector resources available to the business community. The department's free services include helping business owners and entrepreneurs by developing workshops, navigating clients to resources, and connecting them with networking opportunities. For more information about the county's Business Development programs and offerings, please visit the official County of Bucks website, www.buckscounty.org.