County to Host November 15 Workshop: "Marketing to Bucks County, PennDOT, and the Federal Government"
Many companies have expanded their customer base and sales by developing and implementing an action plan for government marketing. The business community has an opportunity to engage with the government, who is the largest purchaser of goods and services. This workshop brings together the procurement experts into one full-morning program focusing on marketing to three levels of government.
On Thursday, November 15, 2012, the County of Bucks Business Development Department, in conjunction with the Bucks County Commissioners, the Upper Bucks Chamber of Commerce, and the Pennridge Chamber of Commerce concludes the First Savings Business Success Series 2012 with "Marketing Your Products and Services to Bucks County, PennDOT & the Federal Government." The workshop will be held at the Bucks County Community College, Upper Bucks Campus, 1 Hillendale Road, Perkasie, PA 18944. Networking and registration begin at 8:00 a.m. The program starts promptly at 8:15 a.m. and concludes at 12:00 noon.
The workshop is designed for business owners and entrepreneurs who want to learn more about government procurement procedures, or who are searching for sales opportunities with the county and federal government sectors and recipients of Pennsylvania Department of Transportation funds.
Topics to be detailed by an expert panel will include:
- Identifying goods and services purchased by government agencies and departments;
- Navigating and understanding government procurement regulations;
- Locating government business opportunities;
- Following the procurement cycle process from bid to contract to payment;
- Support services available to businesses
Scheduled members of the panel will include:
- Maureen Wilson McIlvaine, CPPO, CPPB, director of the Bucks County Purchasing department
- Nathan Heitzman, project coordinator, DBE Supportive Services, Cheyney University of Pennsylvania
- George Murray, business development specialist, U.S. Small Business Administration
- David Dunn, Program Director, Lehigh University Small Business Development Center.
Pre-registration is requested due to limited seating; the program is free to attend. To register for the workshop, please contact the County of Bucks Business Development Administrator, Sonia Smith, at 215-345-3839 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The County of Bucks Business Development department helps entrepreneurs and companies navigate the public and private sector resources available to the business community.Its free services include resource provision, workshop education, and networking opportunities. For more information about the county's Business Development programs and offerings, please visit the official County of Bucks website, www.buckscounty.org.