County to Host September 27 Workshop: “Marketing to Bucks County, PennDOT, and the Federal Government”
Are you ready to learn the fundamentals of doing business with the government? Let us help you develop an action plan for government marketing and meet the experts who can take your business sales to the next level. We understand that our small business owners’ time is a limited resource, and we have combined our “Doing Business with the Government” workshops into one full-morning program focusing on the three levels of government. This is the final time this program will be offered this year.
On Thursday, September 27, 2012, the County of Bucks Business Development Department, in conjunction with the Bucks County Commissioners, and the Lower Bucks County Chamber of Commerce, continue the Fulton Bank 2012 Financial Series with “Marketing Your Products and Services to Bucks County, PennDOT & the Federal Government.” The workshop will be held at the Lower Bucks County Chamber of Commerce, 409 Hood Blvd., Fairless Hills, PA 19030. Networking and registration begin at 8:15 a.m. The program starts promptly at 8:30 a.m. and concludes at 12:30 p.m. The workshop is designed for business owners and entrepreneurs who want to learn more about government procurement procedures, or are searching for sales opportunities with the county and federal government sectors and recipients of Pennsylvania Department of Transportation funds.
Businesspersons who attended this program have stated “…your speakers today were as entertaining in their presentations as they were expert in their fields and I highly recommend them to any person or organization that wants to learn how to do business…with the government”; and “I was so impressed by the quality and quantity of information…we now know how the process works and who to contact.”
Topics to be detailed by an expert panel will include:
- Goods and services purchased by government agencies and departments;
- Navigating and understanding government procurement regulations;
- Tips on finding government business opportunities;
- Exploration of the procurement cycle process from bid to contract to payment;
- Support services available to businesses
Scheduled members of the panel will include:
- Maureen Wilson McIlvaine, CPPO, CPPB, director of the Bucks County Purchasing department
- Kyron Robinson, director, DBE Supportive Services, Cheyney University of Pennsylvania
- George Murray, business development specialist, U.S. Small Business Administration
- Faye M. Fitz, government marketing specialist, Procurement Technical Assistance Program, Temple University Small Business Development Center.
Pre-registration is requested due to limited seating; the program is free to attend. To register for the workshop, please contact the County of Bucks Business Development Administrator, Sonia Smith, at 215-345-3839 or at email@example.com.
The County of Bucks Business Development department provides business start-up assistance and helps companies sustain, expand, or enter the Bucks County market. Its free services include resource provision, workshop education, and networking opportunities. For more information about the county’s Business Development programs and offerings, please visit the official County of Bucks website, www.buckscounty.org.