April 2, 2012
Bucks County to Host April 25 Workshop: “Finding & Hiring Employees”
Are you a business owner who is ready to hire and expand your business? Let us help you by providing the resources you need to successfully find and bring talent to your organization.
On Wednesday, April 25, 2012, the County of Bucks Business Development Department, in conjunction with the Bucks County Commissioners and the Lower Bucks County Chamber of Commerce, continues the Fulton Bank 2012 Financial Series with “Finding & Hiring Employees.” The workshop will be held at the Lower Bucks County Chamber of Commerce, 409 Hood Blvd., Fairless Hills, PA 19030. Networking and registration begin at 8:15 a.m. The program starts promptly at 8:30 a.m. and concludes at 10:30 a.m.
The workshop is designed for business owners and non-profit agencies that are either new to staffing or want to ensure their organization is in compliance and is using best practices to find and hire employees.
Topics to be detailed by an expert panel will include:
- Using CareerLink for the talent search;
- Employment law issues to consider during the interviewing and hiring process;
- Personnel policies and the employee handbook;
- Payroll and tax compliance; and
- Employee training programs;
Scheduled members of the panel will include:
- Elizabeth Walsh, Executive Director, Bucks County Workforce Investment Board
- Kyong Ha Growney, Esq., Partner, Curtin & Heefner LLP
- Heather McCloskey, CEO, McCloskey Partners LLC
- Brian Tierney, Director, Streamline Payroll LLC
- Emily Evans, Director of Workforce Development, Bucks County Community College
Pre-registration is requested due to limited seating; however, there is no charge to attend the event. To register for the workshop, please contact the County of Bucks Business Development Administrator, Sonia Smith, at 215-345-3839 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The County of Bucks Business Development department provides business start-up assistance and helps companies sustain, expand, or enter the Bucks County market. Its free services include resource provision, workshop education, and networking opportunities. For more information about the county’s Business Development programs and offerings, please visit the official County of Bucks website, www.buckscounty.org.