June 21, 2012
County Bridge No. 150 (Gayman Rd.) in Plumstead Twp. Will Close to Traffic June 22
Following a structural inspection of County Bridge No. 150 in Plumstead Township, engineers have decided to close the bridge to traffic on June 22. According to Bucks County Director of Special Projects Joe Bush, the bridge will remained closed for approximately four-six months. The 60-foot steel truss bridge, which spans the Neshaminy Creek, was originally constructed in 1887 and reconstructed in 1934. It is one of 115 bridges owned and maintained by the County of Bucks.
As a public notice, residents are advised that the bridge will be marked with “Bridge Closed” signs and emergency response personnel have been notified and instructed to use alternate routes to access the surrounding area.