Weekly Job Requisitions
< Back to Job Requsitions
DEPARTMENT: Adult Probation and Parole
SUMMARY: Performs varied secretarial duties that include but are not limited to transcribing, typing and filing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Must be able to maintain complete confidentiality
- Must be knowledgeable in the use of transcribing equipment and have excellent transcription skills
- Must have excellent organization skills, be able to work without direction, and work effectively with the public and other Court offices.
- Must have expertise in the use of a personal computer and must be comfortable accessing online databases.
- As required, enter/receive data on computer terminal
- Possess good telephone skills, to take messages, and keep probation officers aware of any new development.
- Ability to learn and perform clerical tasks within the framework of established office procedures.
- Ability to work independently on difficult clerical tasks without constant direct supervision. Ability to plan and organize work duties and work priorities within established parameters.
- Work effectively with other public and private agencies and institutions.
- As needed, perform routine filing and file maintenance duties.
- Organize and process incoming/outgoing office mail.
- Types forms, letters and other key department documents.
- Perform other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or equivalent with emphasis on business/secretarial or computer courses with knowledge of business English and math.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and computers is required; will be trained on the County mainframe and the statewide case management system (CPCMS).
- Two years clerical or secretarial experience.
- Typing skills – minimum 45 wpm.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Human Resources - Bucks County Courthouse
50 North Main Street
Doylestown, PA 18901
Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Government Service Center - Lower Bucks County
7321 New Falls Road
Levittown, PA 19055
Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Government Service Center - Upper Bucks County
515 South West End Boulevard
Quakertown, PA 18951
Thursday 8: 30 a.m. to 4:30 pm