< Back To Local Rules
Rule 130*(e). Release Prior to Preliminary Arraignment.
When an arresting officer deems it appropriate, he may promptly release from custody a defendant who has been arrested without a warrant, rather than taking the defendant before the issuing authority, when the following conditions have been met:
(1) The most serious offense charged is a misdemeanor of the second degree;
(2) The defendant is a resident of the Commonwealth;
(3) The defendant poses no threat of immediate physical harm to any other person or to himself or herself;
(4) The arresting officer has reasonable grounds to believe that the defendant will appear as required; and
(5) The defendant does not demand to be taken before an issuing authority.