< Back To Local Rules
Rule 7.1A Practice as to Depositions, Discovery, Production of Documents and Perpetuation of Testimony
1. Leave to take depositions, or to perpetuate testimony, or obtain discovery or the production of documents, may be granted only on petition upon cause shown except upon agreement of counsel.
2. Upon court approval under paragraph 1 of this Rule, discovery shall be governed by Pennsylvania and Bucks County Rules of Civil Procedure.
Rule 7.1B Pretrial Conference
In any proceeding, the court, of its own motion or on motion of any party, may direct attorneys for the parties to appear for a conference to consider:
- the simplification of the issues;
- the necessity or desirability of amendments to the pleadings;
- the possibility of obtaining admissions of fact and of documents which avoid unnecessary proof;
- such other matters as may aid in the disposition of the action.
The court may enter an order reciting the action taken at the conference, the amendments allowed to the pleadings, and the agreements made by the parties as to any of the matters considered, and limiting the issues for trial to those not disposed of by admissions or agreements of the attorneys. Such order when entered shall control the subsequent course of the action unless modified at the trial to prevent manifest injustice.
Rule 7.2A Motion for Judgment on the Pleadings
A motion for judgment on the pleadings shall be moved for disposition pursuant to Bucks County Rule of Civil Procedure 208.3(b).
Rule 7.3A Motion for Summary Judgment
A motion for summary judgment shall be moved for disposition pursuant to Bucks County Rule of Civil Procedure 208.3(b).